Jay D. Lorton, MD
Centers of Excellence:
Dr. Jay Lorton is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma specializing in sports medicine. He joined the practice, then Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center, in 2001. After receiving his medical degree from The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, he went on to complete residencies in general surgery and orthopedic surgery at the same institution. Dr. Lorton then went on to complete a fellowship in sports medicine from the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama.
In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma, Dr. Lorton serves as team doctor for Skiatook Public Schools. Dr. Lorton also enjoys running, scuba diving, and spending time with his family.
Dr. Lorton is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip Impingement, Labral Tears, Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2003
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, 1995
- General Surgery Internship: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, 1996
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, 2000
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL, 2001
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- “I have and will trust Dr. Lorton for injections in knees, elbow, shoulder, and hip. Also, he has operated on left knee three times and right knee once with skill and excellent outcomes. I will always think of Dr. Lorton anytime I have this type of problem.”– Allen J.