George S. Mauerman, MD
Dr. George Mauerman is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at Advanced Orthopedics of Oklahoma. He joined the practice, then Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center, in 1970. After receiving his medical degree from Columbia University in New York City, Dr. Mauerman completed his internship and general surgery residency at New York’s St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital. He then went on to complete an orthopedic residency at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis, Tennessee.
A former Air Force captain, Dr. Mauerman also serves as a clinical assistant professor of orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation at The University of Oklahoma in Oklahoma City and a clinical assistant professor of surgery at The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa Campus. He is also team doctor for The University of Tulsa.
When he’s not seeing patients or mentoring young medical professionals, Dr. Mauerman enjoys taking care of TU athletes and spending time with his grandchildren.
Dr. Mauerman is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1972
- Undergraduate Education: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 1959
- Doctor of Medicine: Columbia University, New York, NY, 1963
- Surgical Internship: Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, 1964
- Surgical Residency: Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, 1965
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Willis C. Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN, 1970
- United States Air Force, Captain, 1965 – 1967
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Arthroscopy Association of North America, Founding Member
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- International Arthroscopy Association
- International Society of the Knee
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Tulsa Orthopedic Society
- Willis C. Campbell Club